Sunday, 5 September 2010

hello september



I'm back from a lovely sunny week in Herefordshire, county of orchards, cider, rolling hills and gorgeous views. We had thought about going to Greece but ended up staying in the UK, and I think we made the right deicision. We had wall-to-wall sunshine every day and did plenty of walking, exploring and relaxing and have come back feeling thoroughly recharged and relaxed.
So now, it's September and it feels as thought summer is coming to an end, as the first tinges of browns and yellows can be seen in the trees. I'll soon be packing away my shorts and sandals and getting out my woolly jumpers and boots, I do love the changes in the seasons, but just wsh summer would last a little longer, I don't feel ready yet!
I have a 'to-do' list which is dauntingly long, but feel chilled out enough not to let it overwhelm me! I'm back to my normal hours at work from this week, which should mean I can get some new work done in my studio. I was hoping to get accepted to one of the regional Christmas Markets but unfortunately was turned down (sniff sniff!), so at the mo I have no Christmas things to get ready for, kind of disappointing but liberating as I can just concentrate on making new work, and forming more structured plans for next year.
So bring on September... I'm feeling focussed and raring to get back in the studio!!

1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

A lovely landscape! I'm anxious to get back to the studio as well, full of a summer's worth of inspiration. The fun starts tomorrow!