Tuesday, 7 September 2010

preparation time for my apple tree

not a brilliant photo i know, but this is something i started when i was on holiday last week, and i think it's going to be a painting when it grows up!! I don't want to give too much away in case it all goes wrong, but i'm looking forward to getting started on this on Thursday.

In several conversations I have had over the past couple of months I have talked to people about the diversity of my work and how it all fits together. As a result of this, and i think i have mentioned this before, so 'scuse me if i'm going over old ground and boring you to death, but i have decided to pursue my ink illustration style over the next six months or so, giving my textiles a bit of a break, to try and develop my work and move it on a bit and hopefully start to 'grow' my individual style so you can see some continuity across my portfolio. So this week I'm going to introduce a new medium (dusting off my paintbrushes) and see how it turns out. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

looking forward to seeing where you take this.

http://kathleenjackson.blogspot.com/