Monday, 25 October 2010

inspiring places







Last Friday I had the great pleasure of visiting the Studio of one of my fellow Nottinghamshire Creative 2 colleagues, Louise Presley. Her studio is situated at The Harley Foundation near Worksop in Notts, quite near the Harley Gallery on the Welbeck Estate. I has heard that Louise's studio was amazing but I wasn't quite prepared for what I found when I got there. It's a huge treasure trove of all things vintage, crammed with materials, buttons, books, furniture, sewing machines, and papers. Louise's company Hope and Elvis is run from this amazing studio and she runs regular workshops and group sessions from there. If you live locally you should definitely go and check it out. You can also visit there and go and see Louise in her studio for yourselves at the Harley at the end of November when there will be a Christmas market. I'll be going and I can't wait!!
As well as the studio visit we also got a chance to go and visit the current exhibition at the Harley Gallery, which was really interesting too, fantastically displayed mosaics by Cleo Mussi and recycled metalwork scupltures of animals by Helen Denerley. I'll show you some pics later in the week.

2 comments:

Design Engine said...

I'm very jealous.... I've loved Hope and Elvis stuff for ages! Beautiful studio and I love the vintage influence!!!

PICCALILY & BLOSSOM said...

OOOOOOOOOO sew inspiring I looked at the website and the courses look fantastic! Good look with your selling X